- April 13, 2021
- Posted by: Jim Willis
- Category: Informational Blog
PARTNERS IN MISSION
In addition to your weekly giving for missions, our committee has developed a few fundraising ideas in which I’m sure you will want to participate.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!
TAKE A ZAMBIAN FAMILY TO LUNCH – Next time you order a take-out meal, donate a similar amount to PIM.
“WE REMEMBER THEM” – IN MEMORIAM SEGMENT, SUNDAY, APR. 18, 25, MAY 2, 9
- Donate $10.00 to Partners in Mission in memory of a loved one (family or friend). You can do this when you drop off your cartridge Tues or Fri., or mail a cheque & names to office.
- Names will be read during Service on any 1 of 4 Sundays
ON-LINE AUCTION: May 1 – 15
1. Collect items – high end items, restaurant gift cards, home baking,
Services: (lawn mowing, gardening etc.) Babysitting/Dog Sitting, Dinner for two, 1 Dozen Cookies per month for 3 months, Pies to order, Create a Gift Baskets (bath products) or (Your favourite Recipe & the ingredients to make it), Preserves, Art Work, Quilting Items, Handmade Cards etc.
EVERYONE CAN HELP – BE CREATIVE & DONATE , TELL YOUR FRIENDS & BID ON ITEMS
We need to get these items in as soon as possible so we can take pictures & write-up etc. to post on-line.
2. Jim Willis will look after the computer generated program. You should check back frequently to see if you have been outbid and to raise your bid.
Please see: https://www.32auctions.com/BarrieSAPIM2021
3. Length of time – 2 week window – 01-May-21 6:00am to 15-May-21 6:00pm
TRUNK SALE – MAY 29TH – 8:00 A.M. – 12:01 PM
1. YOU CAN BRING YOUR ITEMS TO CORPS NOW. The small door at the front of the building will be open for dropping off items for sale on Tuesdays & Fridays 9-11 a.m. Items have to be taken into Yellow Room (former Nursery) by donors. Boxes will be designated into various categories (Children, Christmas, Dishes, Bedding etc) so day of the sale it will be easy to have “like items” put together. We ask that you try to organize your items in the room accordingly to help us out. *Masks required and COVID protocol.
2. If you are willing to offer your car trunk to hold items the day of the sale, or help selling at a table, or monitor parking & safe masked access, please notify Sandy Martin. A job list will be forth coming.
3. This event will be advertised, however, we ask if each of you will forward this information to everyone of your contacts as well.
ART IN THE PARK – Tentative Date – June 12th, 9-12 p.m.
This event features “One of a Kind” original works. This might be in fabric (quilts), knitted or crocheted items, handcrafted cards or art works in any medium. The items must be new. Please contract Sandy Reid if you have items or if you would like to help.
WOMEN’S VIRTUAL RETREAT
Ladies, would you be interested in participating in an on-line retreat. Many ladies have gone to Jackson’s Point for a weekend in May – well this won’t be happening this year due to Covid. However, we have a unique opportunity to get together virtually without the added expense for accommodation, gas for travelling etc. We can bring a speaker from Newfoundland, special music from Newfoundland & Chorus Sing-a-long, learn a craft for an afternoon of interaction with each other, and it’s all for you, for free. If you wanted to make a donation to PIM that would be great, but not a prerequisite.
Please contact Sandy Martin to indicate your interest. It may be possible to have people familiar with Zoom to host 1 or 2 others who are nervous about using zoom, depending on Covid restrictions.
Your PIM Committee: Francis Sampson, Jean Foster, Shirley Mason, Louise Parsons, Sandy Reid, Faye Strickland & Sandy Martin. We are working hard to supplement your personal weekly giving to help the people in Zambia and I trust you will support us in our endeavours.